Search This Blog

Friday, December 25, 2009

AP Psych: Assignment due after vacation

I hope you are enjoying your time away from school.

I'm a total Grinch. I told you I wouldn't assign any reading during your break, but it turns out that I lied. I'll be giving a homework quiz on pages 265-285 at the start of your first class once school resumes. At least you know you'll be getting 20 easy points. Even though you'll never trust a word I say, I've gots to do it. We've got to stay on track in order to get through all of the material in time for the AP exam.

You'll be reading about sleeping and dreaming, and you'll be keeping track of...you've guessed it... your sleeping and dreaming. Keep a sleep log for the remainder of your break. Set up your log as a table with the following columns, and then record your data from each night in rows:
--Date/day, time to bed
--time you awoke; time you got out of bed; how you felt upon waking
--Did you dream? (including fragments; include a summary if yes, whether or not they related to anything that happened that day Note whether or not they were in color and what stimuli were included--taste, touch, smell, sound--other than visuals)
--number of naps/additional time slept
--energy level throughout the day (on a scale of 1 to 10. Note morning, afternoon and night levels)
--caffeine intake

Despite my odious mistruth, indeed have a happy and safe New Year's. I'll see you rested and ready on the 4th.

Oh, and here's a link to an interesting discussion...
http://roomfordebate.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/12/20/the-advanced-placement-juggernaut/

No comments: